Koodo Community
Question

koodo prepaid

• 30 August 2023
  • 5 replies

• Advocate
  • 21 replies

Hello I was wondering if I can pause a prepaid plan for just a few hours or a few days?  I only see the one for 6 months and with monthly payment  

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can't really pause it afaik. What you can do is not pay for a 30 day period and it'll pause for up to 89 days before automatically cancelling. You would have to top up again within that time to resume service. Not quite ideal but it's an option.

Thank you.  I figured as much that there wouldn't be options/ways to pause.  It would be ideal to have such an option so my kid does not go overuse/day - especially when it's bedtime when school starts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's impossible to overuse prepaid. You got what you got and to use more data or minutes means buying more boosters. It's the good thing about prepaid over postpaid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's also very hard to enforce usage, they could just switch to WiFi. Unless you find some parental app that can do that. But I'm sure they will find a way around that too just like when we kids snuck a book and flashlight under the blankets 😄

Wifi I can manipulate time and amount of usage, no problem.. it's the texting and for sure games/music I worry about.  Of course they have it for emergency use and in case, but yeah it's abused more often than not.  Just wishful thinking to have it available.