Koodo Community
Question

International User

• 5 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey everyone. So I am a prepaid user in the Caribbean and need some long distance functionality to use two factor authentication on my various accounts. Using the chat bot I tried to request a call back to discuss my options but as they dont take international numbers, I’m not sure what my options are. 

There also isnt a koodo or anything nearby where I could walk in and switch to a post paid account with roaming (I know they mentioned I would need to switch my sim). Similarly, the long distance booster/ add ons will only work in the USA or Canada

If anyone could direct me towards who to call in this instance, I would really appreciate it. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Prepaid is only usable in Canada and the United States. There is unfortunately no way to make it work while travelling internationally.

So Is there anyone I could contact to switch plans or..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there any one you very must trust in canada to switch your sim card and receive all your needed service?

If so they can purchase a new prepaid sim, then you can swap the sim to the new sim card.  Then your family/friend can insert that sim in a spare cellphone and relay any needed 2factor authentication (2FA) needed to you via wifi based messaging app

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Get a VoIP account with a Canadian number that supports messaging. Use that number for authentication and/or use it for calls on wifi. Most can be set up to that if a message is received, they can relay it forward via email.