Koodo Community
Solved

i bought sim card in a shop

• 31 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, I was a new customer of koodo and I brought my own phone and I asked them that I wanna buy SIM card with a plan.

But at the time I didn’t show them my credit card or anything! Just showed my passport and they gave me a sim card.

that was really nice, after that, I went back to my room and I was about to sign up account, but I couldn’t due to not finding my phone number, email address, even if SIM card doesn’t match on website. Anyway, I’m so afraid of not showing any of credit card, and I can’t deal with what happens in my phone right now. 
do you have any idea of it??

icon

Best answer by Dinh 31 March 2021, 07:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which store was it? can you check if that was a prepaid SIM or postpaid SIM? 

If they didn't do a credit check (a passport is just an id), you weren't a Koodo customer yet. They might give you either an inactive postpaid sim or prepaid sim. If the sim was a prepaid sim, then you could activate yourself with this https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans . If that was a postpaid sim, you will have to comeback to the store and tell them they sold you the wrong one. 

I went to telus of Richmond centre!

How do I know which my SIM card is?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It should have the text “prepaid" if you bought a prepaid sim. I took a snapshot of a version of it below

If there is no “prepaid” text on the SIM, they might have given you a postpaid SIM, which you couldn't activate yourself. 

There is a Koodo kiosk in Richmond center (which is about 30meters away from the Telus store). You could also check in with them. 

It should have the text “prepaid" if you bought a prepaid sim. I took a snapshot of a version of it below

If there is no “prepaid” text on the SIM, they might have given you a postpaid SIM, which you couldn't activate yourself. 

There is a Koodo kiosk in Richmond center (which is about 30meters away from the Telus store). You could also check in with them. 
mine is not like this, can I change it to prepaid SIM card in koodo kiosk? Or should I go the same store of telus?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I recommend you go back to the Telus store first and get refund for the SIM. As the telus store might not have prepaid sim, you can go to the Koodo kiosk afterwards and ask them to activate one for you. 

Thank you !!! Tomorrow I’ll go there !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I recommend you go back to the Telus store first and get refund for the SIM. As the telus store might not have prepaid sim, you can go to the Koodo kiosk afterwards and ask them to activate one for you. 

Just to rephrase, when you to the Koodo kiosk for the prepaid sim, they will sell you the sim and you will need to activate the sim on your own