Koodo Community
Question

How can I contact Koodo by email?

• 31 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Recently I switched my phone plan from a monthly post paid, to a pre paid plan. I am currently travelling overseas and intended to use it as a cheap way to keep my phone active (to receive texts or calls and return them through other means). 

It wasn't until speaking to about 4 people (and mentioning international travel to each one) when finally I was told that pre paid doesn't work overseas. 

Unfortunately by then I had already set up and paid for 360 days of service that now doesn't work. 

And since I'm overseas with a phone plan that doesn't work I can't set up a call back to cancel and request a refund. A supervisor was supposed to call me but never did before I left for my trip. 

Does anyone know if an email I can use to contact them?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Recently I switched my phone plan from a monthly post paid, to a pre paid plan. I am currently travelling overseas and intended to use it as a cheap way to keep my phone active (to receive texts or calls and return them through other means). 

It wasn't until speaking to about 4 people (and mentioning international travel to each one) when finally I was told that pre paid doesn't work overseas. 

Unfortunately by then I had already set up and paid for 360 days of service that now doesn't work. 

And since I'm overseas with a phone plan that doesn't work I can't set up a call back to cancel and request a refund. A supervisor was supposed to call me but never did before I left for my trip. 

Unfortunately, prepaid plans cannot be refunded. Have you considered mailing it back to a friend or family member that can use it in Canada? 

Unfortunately, prepaid plans cannot be refunded. Have you considered mailing it back to a friend or family member that can use it in Canada? 

I don't have anyone that can use it. 

However as far as I'm aware you should be able to cancel within a certain time period? It hasn't even been two days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

However as far as I'm aware you should be able to cancel within a certain time period? It hasn't even been two days. 

That is only available for postpaid plans. Prepaid credits are not refundable, as listed on the Koodo service terms. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/service-terms

That is only available for postpaid plans. Prepaid credits are not refundable, as listed on the Koodo service terms. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/service-terms

I guess I'll have to dispute with with my credit card as I was sold a service I can't use, despite telling them I would be traveling overseas with the plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also if you check their website under prepaid, there is no mentioning about Roaming internationally.

They are only showing list of US data roaming add-on, US Roaming talk add-on and US roaming text add-on.

Didn't you check what is available before you purchase a SIM card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s certainly worth a shot to request a credit by sending a private message to Koodo via FB Messenger or DM via Twitter if you explain the situation. They don’t do refunds normally but maybe they could do something if you give more details about speaking to multiple Koodo reps about it and being told you can switch to prepaid and use it overseas.