Koodo Community
Solved

How Can I activate the Sim Card without Canadian Card...

• 4 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Dear all, I am a new international student trying to setup my first local phone number. After a long search, I have decieded to make Koodo my service provider. However, it seems like it requires a local credit/debit card to do that. But do request a local banking account, they ask me to provide a local contact number…

Is there any other way to activate my sim card? I already bought one from Best Buy and have it delivered to me.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Allan M 4 October 2021, 17:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is this a prepaid sim card?

Yes, it is a prepaid sim card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, it is a prepaid sim card.

You can also go to a place that sells Koodo and purchase a Koodo top up voucher and use that to set up the plan if you don't have access to a Canadian Credit or Visa Debit card.

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-vouchers

The thing is that I am in a 14 days quarantine XDDD Wanna cry

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately then you'll just have to be patient.
Once your quarantine period is over, you can go set it up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a friend or family member that could go out and get one for you? You just need the code off of it so they could send you a picture so you can activate it.

Do you have a friend or family member that could go out and get one for you? You just need the code off of it so they could send you a picture so you can activate it.

Great idea! Do you know what is the cost of these vouchers? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great idea! Do you know what is the cost of these vouchers? 

You should be able to get them in $5 intervals and you can just purchase however much you need!

$15 plan, get $15 (+tax) in vouchers for example. There's no extra charge per say for the voucher, just a way of converting cash into a code you can use with Koodo to pay

Understood. Thank you very much Allan!