Koodo Community
Solved

double-charged and Koodo callback doesn’t work

• 10 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Charged 2x for pre-paid top-up (website issues).   Koodo called as scheduled but didn’t recognize when I selected 1 as instructed on all 3 attempts. Not sure why - I could hear the tone.  Set up another call but did not seem to receive.

So, 

How can I reverse this charge? (Preference)

If charge can’t be reversed, will credit in prepaid acct  be used automatically for next top-up? Or will I be charged again? Do I need to turn off auto top-up to ensure this credit is used? 

Acct currently shows $25 credit.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 11 February 2023, 00:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So first of all, are you absolutely sure you were charged three times? Sometimes it just goes through once and you won’t be triple charged.

If you were triple charged and it doesn’t matter too much to you, it’s definitely the easiest to just keep the funds in there and they will be used for the next renewals. You won’t be charged until the existing funds are used up, even if you are on auto top up. So no worries there.

If you really want your money back, you can request a call back from the Koodo prepaid assistant - let me know if you need a link :)

Thank you for your reply, Sophia. Yes, the charge has gone through twice on my credit card statement.

Thanks for the offer of a callback link and assistance. I did have a callback,  but the robocall would not recognize when I pushed 1 to accept call all 3 attempts..  

Right now, I have a $25 credit showing  on the Koodo account but account says it is paid up only for the current month.. So if I understand correctly, Koodo will definitely not charge the monthly top-up until the credit is used? Otherwise, I will go in and cancel the auto-payment.  I don’t know how long we will need this phone and don’t wish to pay more than 1 month at a time.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You definitely don't need to cancel your auto top-up, especially if you still have the grandfathered 10% discount (you'd lose that).

Koodo will first take your existing funds and won't charge your credit card until all that's used up.

Thank you - your assistance is appreciated!