Koodo Community
Solved

Credit card charge prepaid

• 27 September 2020
  • 5 replies

On Sep 22, I had $20 balance. Added $50 and I had $70. Changed my base plan to $45 per month. So $45 was deducted from the balance and I now have $25. 

There was a charge of $56.50 on my credit card on file  - Koodoo Topup Reapprov 866-xxxxxxx AB on the same day (Sep 22). What’s happening here and who authorized this? I didn’t sign up for auto top up. 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 27 September 2020, 06:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi

I think it is the tax 13% on top of the $50 that you added into your account  (50x1.13 = $56.50)

But I’ve used my debit card (different bank/different card) for $50 balance top up. My credit card was charged too? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

But I’ve used my debit card (different bank/different card) for $50 balance top up. My credit card was charged too? 

Eh, you meant you were double charged? I would recheck the account billing history and banking history of your debit card. I think you might have accidentally used the credit card to pay instead of the debit card.

hmmm...let me check

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo prepaid doesn't allow debit cards, so I'm pretty sure that the debit charge was for something else. And yes the additional $6.50 would indeed be tax 🙂