Koodo Community
Question

Complaint

• 23 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I am a new costumer and very unhappy with the service. The Koodo website is very user unfriendly. The website does not load properly and I have tried to top up my prepaid account with multiple different credit cards and they all get rejected. Now I am locked out of my account, lost my build up free data and have no way of using my Sim. I have had to get a new SIM card of another provider. The chat did not help at all since I am locked out of the self serve account. Terrible service.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

I completely agree. It took me three days trying to get someone from Koodo and I gave up and had to go directly to one of their kiosks. Terrible service 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am a new costumer and very unhappy with the service. The Koodo website is very user unfriendly. The website does not load properly and I have tried to top up my prepaid account with multiple different credit cards and they all get rejected. Now I am locked out of my account, lost my build up free data and have no way of using my Sim. I have had to get a new SIM card of another provider. The chat did not help at all since I am locked out of the self serve account. Terrible service.

Did you try to click “Forgot your password” to reset it? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/forgot-your-prepaid-password-issues-logging-prepaid

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It sounds like you have multiple issues going on here.

1. If your credit card is not working, have you tried to top over over the phone by calling 611? Are the credit cards you are using Canadian credit cards?  Worse case scenario, you can purchase a top up voucher until you resolve the issue.  https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/topping-your-prepaid-account
  2. How did you get locked out of your account? To try the credit cards that failed, you had to have successfully logged into your prepaid account.  What happened between that time and the time you got locked out of your account?  What were you doing?
  3. Any built up data like your data boosters will remain and you have 90 days to renew your baseplan before everything is lost.  When did your baseplan expire?  Worse case scenario, you can purchase a top up voucher and top up and re-activate your baseplan that way.

Out of curiosity, how did you register and sign up to begin with?  DIdnt you need a credit card to top up initially?  What credit card was that and does it not work anymore now?