Koodo Community
Solved

charged for incoming calls originating in canada

• 28 August 2023
  • 6 replies

why on a $15 plan incoming calls are  counted in the 100minutes, the plan states incoming calls originating in Canada are free?

icon

Best answer by Darius Koodo 29 August 2023, 22:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

why on a $15 plan incoming calls are  counted in the 100minutes, the plan states incoming calls originating in Canada are free?

That should be correct. However, they are likely referring to Canada-wide calls that are made from a Canadian number. Does the caller have a different area code from another country?

the callers all have Canadian numbers including my wife  that called me from our home line number

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is this a current or older 15 dollar plan?

I signed around May 20 ,2023, and at that time, the info I was given incoming calls were free

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The terminology for both the prepaid and postpaid 15 dollar plans simply states unlimited incoming minutes and Unlimited incoming Canada-wide minutes with no fine print. Incoming calls while in Canada for your plan would be free. So I don't know why you're getting charged. I'll flag a rep to assist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @str 

I’ve looked into the plan specs for you and, the one offered on postpaid, states : 

• 100 outgoing nationwide minutes
  • Unlimited incoming nationwide minutes   

Receiving calls from Canadian numbers within Canada, to Canada, will be unlimited. While checking the usage in the Self Serve account, you would be able to differentiate between outgoing and incoming.