Skip to main content
Solved

Can't Create Self Serv Account ; Not Currently In Canada

• 18 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I was just in Toronto for a few days for work and needed to get a Canadian SIM card. Went into a shop, got all set up, worked great.

I’ve since flown back to the US, and now tried to activate my online account. However, it wants to verify my Koodo number and send it a text. Except, it’s Prepaid and I can’t receive messages on it while in the US. So I can’t receive the only way I can verify my account and get into my billing. And I can’t fly back to Toronto just to activate my account.

I want to be able to make sure I don’t keep getting charged for a plan I literally can’t use. But I can’t guarantee that unless I can login to my account, which I also cannot access without receiving a text message to a phone number I can’t use right now.

Any advice?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so prepaid plans from koodo can be used in the states and the authentication text is an automated message, so it should still go through. Have you attempted this method yet? If not it’s probably because you would need a US roaming booster to receive the text. Beyond that you may have to reach out to a rep via Koodo’s Facebook or X profile pages as reps on here have limited abilities when it comes to prepaid accounts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you activate your prepaid account?  The activation process literally creates your self serve account for you.

The staff at the shop should not be doing this for you since the process involves creating a password, selecting security questions and answers, and a PIN. 

https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/en/on/prepaid/koodo/consumer/activation/account-setup

Hi there,

so prepaid plans from koodo can be used in the states and the authentication text is an automated message, so it should still go through. Have you attempted this method yet? If not it’s probably because you would need a US roaming booster to receive the text. Beyond that you may have to reach out to a rep via Koodo’s Facebook or X profile pages as reps on here have limited abilities when it comes to prepaid accounts. 

Thank you, this resolved it! The prepaid message came through without issue and created the account. Sorry for the panic, all.