Koodo Community
Solved

Can't activate prepaid account on self-serve, getting error code 821

• 10 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Attempting to activate a new prepaid account for a 360 day plan and transferring a number from an existing Rogers Prepaid / PayAsYouGo account, but I get this error and can’t proceed

Is there anything I’m doing wrong?  I’m using IMEI number on the transfer screen as opposed to the account number, is that the problem?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 11 January 2023, 00:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It shouldn’t be a problem? I mean, you can try the other input methods to see if you get anywhere buty if you don’t, then I’d use the chat as it requests to get assistance with setting up. 

Chatted with someone on phone, suggestion was that credit card was having trouble being used as payment for a 360 yearly prepaid plan due to the high one time cost and suggested to use vouchers as a payment method.  Is that a problem anyone else has experienced?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yep, that’s a known issue and has been for years :( When you renew next year, I would suggest you start topping up a few days in advance, and then in $50 (or whatever it can process) payments until you reach the full amount. In that case you can use your credit card still and get your points or whatever.

It’s a bit of a pain, but luckily you’ll only have to go through this once a year :)