Koodo Community
Solved

Can I use an older sim card for a new prepaid account?

• 26 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Ambassador
  • 33 replies

I have several older deactivated sim cards from Koodo. They are the right size and are just sitting there in my desk.  Do I need to run out and buy another one to open a prepaid account?

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 26 October 2020, 00:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you a returning koodo prepaid customer?

If you do not have a koodo prepaid self serve account, you need buy another SIM to open a new prepaid account

Do you have a (suspended) koodo prepaid self serve account?

If you do have a suspended koodo prepaid self serve account you may TRY to reactivate your old prepaid SIM by going through the next steps:

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. At the top of all pages, you'll see a banner that mentions your phone is suspended. Select Reactivate my phone.
  3. Select I have a new SIM card and enter the new SIM card number (19 digits, no spaces).
  4. Select Activate SIM card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sim cards can only ever be activated on one account. You can swap sim cards on and iff the same account whenever you like, but if they're inactive for 90 days or more they'll be permanently deactivated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned “deactivated”, so yes Timo is absolutely correct except that you can't reactivate an old SIM, ever on prepaid (the SIM swapping only works on postpaid).  If however by any chance you meant that it has never been activated before, then you’d be happy to know there is no expiry date for unused SIMs. I wasn’t entirely sure which situation you meant, so thought I’d mention it :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

https://www.amazon.ca/Koodo-Mobile-Prepaid-Carte-Pr%C3%A9pay%C3%A9/dp/B083JJHNQK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2N2SPNRWBOSOA&dchild=1&keywords=koodo+prepaid+sim&qid=1603715843&sprefix=koodo%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-1