Koodo Community
Solved

Can I receive SMS texts while in the US with my prepaid plan if I don't have a US text booster?

• 12 August 2022
  • 7 replies

I am on a Koodo Prepaid plan Unlimited SMS texts.  When I go to the US will I be able to just receive SMS texts for free if I don’t buy a U.S. Roaming Text Booster? I don’t need to send SMS texts when I am in the US so I would like to know if I can just receive SMS texts for free while in the US if I don’t buy a U.S. Roaming Text Booster. From what I have read a Koodo Post pay plan allows free receive SMS texts while in the US but does a Koodo Prepaid plan so allow free receive SMS texts while in the US without buying a U.S. Roaming Text Booster?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sophia 16 August 2022, 19:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, receiving texts should be no problem without a booster since that is free, but just to be on the safe side I will confirm this with Koodo. Hang tight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Be a big sport: $5 buys you a US 250 texts booster as well as letting you answer. Doesn’t expire and works 100%.

Yeah I know if I pay $5 I’ll receive texts. That’s why I asked my question.  I’m cheap.  And that’s why I’m on Koodo prepay

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No official answer yet - I'll nudge them for you 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So I heard back from Koodo. The official answer is that you won’t be able to receive texts without the US roaming booster. They suggested you try it out, and if you don’t receive anything, you may just have to splurge on the $5. On the upside, it will last indefinitely so even if you don’t get to use it, it’ll be good for your next visit :)

sounds good, thanks for checking for me, I appreciate it!

Userlevel 2

sounds good, thanks for checking for me, I appreciate it!

Have you been to the US? Were you able to receive texts in the US with a booster?