Koodo Community
Solved

add cellular plan

I am a self serve prepaid customer using my usual Koodo SIM card.  I’m not getting any cell service and my settings read “Add cellular plan.” What does this mean and what do I need to do to add a plan or correct this?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 13 July 2022, 23:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did your plan expire perhaps? What does self serve show?

Thanks. I buy the basic text plan and then add talk minutes and data, and I have both. I have been in an area of no cell service, but I am now in Princeton BC and I still have no service, even though my friends do. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried rebooting your phone and manually connecting to the Koodo network?

I’ve rebooted, but when I try to manually connect it asks me to enter an “activation code provided by  your provider” and I don’t know what that is or how to get it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot please of your main prepaid self serve page? You can mask all personal information (name, number, etc)

<Personal info displayed. image removed by mod>

Does that help? And Is there any way to remove that photo I just posted? “Edit” doesnt seem to allow me to delete or change it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have asked Koodo to remove your image 😊

As for your plan, that is really strange because it shows as active for sure. One last question: what phone are you using and did it work with that phone before?

Thank you! Yes, it definitely worked before. I’ve been out of the country for a bit, but I regularly leave and return with no issues. Do you work for Koodo? Any ideas about what to try? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, I don't work for Koodo, so my next suggestion is to contact them directly. It could be that your SIM card is faulty or that something needs to be reset on their end.

You can request a callback to any Canadian number though the digital assistant, or send them a message on Facebook or Twitter.

They'll get you back in I'm sure ☺️

Thx for your help Sophia. I called them and we got it working again. Took the card out, put it back, and then rebooted. I appreciate your responses. 🙏🏼