Koodo Community
Solved

Activate new PREPAID SIM while in Thailand

• 14 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello.

I’m arriving in Canada next month to start my study there.

I have a Koodo physical prepaid sim that I would like to activate a week before arriving in Canada.  (I have to inform someone about my Canadian phone number before arriving there.)

Is it possible to do so? Or do I need to be physically present in Canada to activate it?

(My cousin bought and carried the sim card with her to Thailand about a year ago. I hope that the sim has no expiry date. Oh, I also have a top-up voucher code.)

icon

Best answer by Dennis 14 February 2024, 08:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could technically can activate the prepaid anywhere. The only issue is the payment method. Koodo might or might not accept your overseas credit card to activate the SIM. However, you could try to see if your payment method works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have a canadian credit card, you can activate.  International cards will not work.  Also prepaid is unable to roam outside of the US and Canada so even if you were able to activate, you will not be able to use the phone while in Thailand

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/activating-your-prepaid-phone?CMP=KNCKDO0428Google_Koodo-ROI_Google_&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Koodo-ROI&utm_content=&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw6yuBhDrARIsACf94RXskr43opbhfDlEFBX2lSulYE7IgGiBVJNZTttO4exz7Nn3FC9ParAaAhNhEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Many thanks to both of you. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.