Koodo Community
Question

Account deactivated after unsubscribing to Koodo's emails/newsletter

Hi,

I recently unsubscribed from Koodo’s automatic emails and newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link and was surprised to find that my account has been deactivated as a result. My phone is displaying the message Invalid SIM/Insert SIM and I can no longer login to my self-serve account also. I find this situation quite ridiculous! I don’t understand why Koodo would link my account status to their newsletter subscription. And why would they let us deactivate our account with an email link. Such thing should only be feasible by login into our account. It took me a couple of days to noticed that I wasn’t receiving any messages, and it was only after reading the email inquiring about why I stopped using their service that I made the connection. On top of that, I had just added a full month of service to my account.

Could you please provide some suggestions on how I can reactivate my account? i appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The two are not linked and it is likely a coincidence.

Are you able to login to your self serve account?

As well, could you share a screenshot of what the email looked like? Did it get you to login or anything after clicking unsubscribe?

I’m not able to login at all. When I try to login, I’m receiving the message “Email or password is incorrect. Please try again, or reset password.” and when I try to use the “Forgot password” link, I’m not receiving the code in my email. Here’s the email I received:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not able to login at all. When I try to login, I’m receiving the message “Email or password is incorrect. Please try again, or reset password.” and when I try to use the “Forgot password” link, I’m not receiving the code in my email. Here’s the email I received:

That is strange. You should schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak with a rep and see if they can reactivate your account. https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/koodoprepaid/koodoprepaid.html

That’s strange indeed! The robot in the chat is asking me to enter my number and once entered I’m being presented with a link to sign to my account but since my account have been deactivated I can’t sign in… Any suggestions on what else can be done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t really need to login. Just tell the bot that you request a call back from a rep. Make sure you are called on an active number (not your prepaid one that got deactivated).

Edit: when was the last time you topped up your account? Sounds like it expired (it does after 90 days)

The last time I topped up the account was on June 31. I did so by providing a voucher code through my account and the new balance was showing correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The last time I topped up the account was on June 31. I did so by providing a voucher code through my account and the new balance was showing correctly.

That is less than 90 days. Were you able to schedule a callback?

That was my main and only phone so I don’t have another phone to schedule the callback. Can I go directly to a Koodo Mobile Center to resolve the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This email was from July 7 (over a week has past).

Was this the email your unsubscribed to?  Or did this arrive right after you unsubscribed to another email?

My concern is if someone ported your number out.  Did you receive a porting confirmation text?  What happens when you try to get a friend or family to call your number?

This is not the email I unsubscribed to, this is the one I received right after I unsubscribe to their notifications/newsletter. I didn’t receive a porting confirmation text and when someone tries to call the number, there’s no service.

I decided to visit one of the Koodo Mobile kiosks at the shopping mall, but even the seller was unable to understand the issue. They contacted a Koodo agent, and after providing them with my number and the voucher used to top up the account, the agent explained that the account had an expiration date of July 1st. Although I had topped up the account on June 30th, it was done around 11 pm, and the system registered the new credits after midnight on July 1st. Essentially, their system does not update immediately with the information in our account dashboard, and I had topped up the account too close to the expiration date. So the account deactivation was not related to my unsubscribing from their newsletter; the email received simultaneously was merely a coincidence.

I think It would be helpful if Koodo could include a notice in our account dashboard advising users to ensure they top up their accounts at least 24 hours prior to the expiration date.

At least the credits in the voucher have not been used, so I will be able to utilize them with the new account.

Thank you for your assistance.