Koodo Community
Question

Why? 45 day wait period to add a new line to new account

• 14 March 2023
  • 2 replies

For my own curiosity, can anyone explain why there is a 45-day wait period to add a new line online?

I just switched from Virgin where my phone and my wife’s phone are on the same account.  When I attempted to add a line through Koodo self-serve for my wife I was told I can’t do it for 45 days.

I find this frustrating and a little confusing.

Any insights as to why the 45-day wait period would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think there was a restriction on a new account when you wanted to add a new line with a phone. It was there to fight against fraud, i believe. It should be fine if the line was a BYOD. If you want to add the line with a phone right now, I think you have to go to a Koodo kiosk.

I think there was a restriction on a new account when you wanted to add a new line with a phone. It was there to fight against fraud, i believe. It should be fine if the line was a BYOD. If you want to add the line with a phone right now, I think you have to go to a Koodo kiosk.

Thanks for the insight.  The second line was a BYOD but again would be 45 days online.  I had a scheduled callback from Koodo and they said it was to discourage fraud.  The Koodo rep said they could add the second line and because a promotion was on they’d waive the $50 connection fee. So in the end it worked out but I would not have been happy about waiting 45 days or having to pay $50.