Koodo Community
Question

When can I change plans after paying off my Tab balance?

• 11 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I paid off the remaining outstanding in my Tab today in the hopes that I could change to plans that were not available due to the restrictions on the Tab. I am not seeing these options available yet.

When will I be able to change to plans, particularly to cheaper ones, that were unavailable to me because of the Tab now that it is paid off? Will I have to wait a period of hours, days, or perhaps until the billing cycle goes through with the charge for payment of remaining Tab balance?

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Should be right away.  What plan are you trying to get?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You paid off tab early or it was already 24 months?

Even if you paid off your Tab early, there is a tab bonus too. If your 24 months is not up yeat, the amount to pay back would be a lot too.

Yes I paid off the tab early, there was only $35, or 5 months left. 

Specifically I have a $45/month plan and was hoping to at least see some options for less expensive varieties, since I do not need data any longer. I know I saw a $15/month plan when I was perusing the website but it seems to be under a “prepaid” section, which I believe would require me to get a new SIM from a retailer.

Currently I am still only seeing the $50, $55, and $62 plans I saw before I paid off my tab as options to switch through self serve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there something in the plans page you are interested in getting?

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

If you are interested in the $15 plan, I highly recommend Public mobile as their $15 plan is a bit better than Koodo’s