Koodo Community
Question

what does koodo data & sms rates on my plan include?

• 20 June 2023
  • 6 replies

My plan currently has Koodo data & sms, and I don’t see that available as a service on newer plans.  What does it give me?

thank you in advance

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan did you have in mind?

My plan Currently has Koodo data and SMS included.  What does that mean/include?  From what I’m seeing “Koodo data and SMS” does not appear on the newer plans and I would like to know what I’d be losing if I move away from this plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, I understand, but it's hard to answer without knowing what plan you have now, and which one you'd like to change to.

Almost all plans have data and SMS (text messaging). It's just a matter of how much you need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you access to your self serve?

Or service agreement should tell you what plan you have.

This is my current plan:

Shock free data 12GB

Canadian LD rate

PPU call forward toll

CAN-MEX LD @ $0..60/min

CAN LD PayPerUse Access

Unlimited sms and mms

unlimited Canadian LD

Blackberry APN Access

free incoming roaming sms

Additional data $13/100MB SFD

Text messaging services

Koodo data & sms rates

*Seems as though the offers now have a lot more data and less everything else.  I don’t use the 12GB I have now, so maybe I’ll just keep it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You basically pick how much data you want from the option of plans. All postpaid options have unlimited Canadian calling and unlimited SMS to Canadian numbers. There is an option for making one of the perk add-ons international SMS if you want. For example, the current deal plan has:

• 20 GB of Shock-Free™ data.1,2,3  at 4G speed

• Pick 1 FREE Perk (available in Self Serve)

• Premium Voicemail
    • Unlimited International SMS (from Canada)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes4

• Unlimited Canada-wide messaging (text & picture)5

• US and International Easy Roam

• Call Display+, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling

• Additional data $13/100 MB
  • $5 SIM card charge6”

You can see that is has 20 GB of data and unlimited Canada-wide SMS/MMS. You can add a premium voicemail or unlimited international SMS in Canada as perk add-on options for no extra cost. So basically it depneds on what’s more important for your needs