Koodo Community
Question

What does 'applicable to Tab Basic (or Tab Plus)' mean (shopping for new plan, only)

• 3 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I am checking to see if I can get a better deal for my partner, who’s phone has been paid off for a while. His Plan only includes 

The offer I am seeing is:

$55  for 40GB with one free perk.

Unfortunately the perks here don’t include the international minutes, which the old plan includes (1000 minutes) AND it says “Applicable on Tab Basic”, does that mean I have to pay $10 each months ‘towards a new phone’. I choose ‘shop for plans’, only - so why am I already faced with the decision about a new phone?

What do I need to consider here?

Very confusing, Koodo!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am checking to see if I can get a better deal for my partner, who’s phone has been paid off for a while. His Plan only includes 

The offer I am seeing is:

$55  for 40GB with one free perk.

Unfortunately the perks here don’t include the international minutes, which the old plan includes (1000 minutes) AND it says “Applicable on Tab Basic”, does that mean I have to pay $10 each months ‘towards a new phone’. I choose ‘shop for plans’, only - so why am I already faced with the decision about a new phone?

What do I need to consider here?

Very confusing, Koodo!

There are three different types of Tab plans. The Tab Plus and Tab Mid allow you to pay a lower monthly amount for the phone and trade off for a more expensive plan. The Tab Basic gives you access to the cheaper plans at the expense of paying more for the higher-tier phones. However, it will be a good deal if you are looking for the lower-tier and CPO phones.

You can refer to this link to see which plans are available at different rates. The more expensive the plan, the greater amount the Tab Bonus offered by Koodo. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It sounds like you need to sign up for tab basic with a new phone in order to qualify for that promo plan.

What happens if you try to switch to the plan without getting a new phone on tab basic? Does it let you? I assume your partner is an exisiting koodo customer?