Koodo Community
Question

VOLTE/WiFi Calling

• 13 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a phone that for sure can handle VOLTE/WiFi calling (I had it on Telus 2 days ago before I ported over to Koodo). It is a Xiaomi, which is not officially supported but certainly has the right version of android and that hardware to do it (as again, it was up and running just fine on Telus 2 days prior). I can not find the feature to add in my add-ons/plans. Is there a way to activate it on Koodo’s end? I thought this features was supposed to be automatic.

Also, my SMS messaging on android is running fine, but my RCS messages are not going through despite it saying I was connected to the RCS service and was online. I investigated this further and it looks like the RCS in android’s default messaging act is still linked to the original Koodo SIM phone number. I ported my Telus number over to this SIM. Is there any way to manually override the original number Koodo gave to me? I never used it as I ported my old number over immediately.

Many thanks for your time and consideration on the matter.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Regarding the RCS, could you disable it, wait for 1 minute and turn it on again? I assumed you have successfully transferred your number into Koodo.

Regarding the volte and VoWifi, unfortunately, the Xiaomi phone wasn't on their support list. Even if you see the toggle (some firmware allows it), Koodo volte and VoWifi wouldn't work .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a phone that for sure can handle VOLTE/WiFi calling (I had it on Telus 2 days ago before I ported over to Koodo). It is a Xiaomi, which is not officially supported but certainly has the right version of android and that hardware to do it (as again, it was up and running just fine on Telus 2 days prior). I can not find the feature to add in my add-ons/plans. Is there a way to activate it on Koodo’s end? I thought this features was supposed to be automatic.

Also, my SMS messaging on android is running fine, but my RCS messages are not going through despite it saying I was connected to the RCS service and was online. I investigated this further and it looks like the RCS in android’s default messaging act is still linked to the original Koodo SIM phone number. I ported my Telus number over to this SIM. Is there any way to manually override the original number Koodo gave to me? I never used it as I ported my old number over immediately.

Many thanks for your time and consideration on the matter.

I have flagged a rep to include the VoLTE add-on to your Self-Serve account. You can give it a try afterwards, but you would likely need a compatible phone to make it work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @clemonade  We have added the VoLTE add-on to your account. You should now be able to activate it if your device is compatible.