Koodo Community
Question

VoLTE mess

Hi, I noticed my VoLTE wasn't working so was doing some reading and saw that sometimes things were not working properly on Koodos "backend". I thought that if I removed it from my add-ons then added it again it may rectify the problem. However, once I removed it from my add-ons the option to reinstate it didn't return. Just wondering if there is any way to have it added back into may add-ons and have someone make sure everything is good on their "backend" without scheduling a call. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you know VoLTE didn't work? Can you elaborate on it?

If you are using an iPhone, try to enable wifi calling from the phone. In some cases, it might help to readd the votle access addon

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rlukeco 

VoLTE should be enabled automatically in your services, even if the add on is not provisioned.

What happens when you try to enable VoLTE on your phone and what type of phone are you using?

Koodo had sent me an email telling me I should enable it, so it tried only to discover the option was no longer there, it used to be i just never had it enabled. My wife also has Samsung s21 so I looked on her phone and it is working as it should. The only thing we've done differently with our phones is I replaced my sim card a few months ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Rlukeco 

Can you please restart your phone and try enabling VoLTE?

I tried, it didn't work, so I did a bit of experimentation. I swapped sim cards with my wife and everything worked perfectly on her phone with my sim and was still not operational on mine with her sim. I am presuming it's a phone issue. Thank for your time, everyone.