Koodo Community
Solved

voLTE activation not here anymore

call over WiFi stooped working, can’t add it in self serve.

was working before.

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 13 April 2023, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

https://ent.telus.com/acmegw-android/koodo/entitlement/e911

find.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You shouldn’t have a vowifi in self-serve to turn on. It should be VoLTE and then you enable vowifi on your phone. Do you no longer see volte? Which phone do you have? Was there an update and then it stopped?

What’s the link for?

power armor 13.

volte disaper some time ago, dint notice it since a booster was installed.

the link is for a activation procedure, of volte on koodo/tellus network. did the trick in my case since tellus network filter the activation of volte. the add an Address to the [phone internal id] for 911 purpose I think.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The power amor 13 wasn't on the list of phone compatible with Koodo wifi calling. Also, if you are a prepaid customer, wifi calling wasn't option yet. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

if you read, was working before. and now work again. and afther looking date up, Concord with the enforcement procedure from tellus network in my area.

not a prepaid customer.

for info the list at Koodo only span the range of the phone the sell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is possible that Koodo is removing the option for phones they don’t have on their list? This is speculation on my point owing to the other large thread on volte/vowifi with non-listed phones suddenly not working or not working in general. There never was official support for non-listed phones, so it’s possible it’s just not an option anymore. I could flag a rep to give more info on the matter if you like. 

It is possible that Koodo is removing the option for phones they don’t have on their list? This is speculation on my point owing to the other large thread on volte/vowifi with non-listed phones suddenly not working or not working in general. There never was official support for non-listed phones, so it’s possible it’s just not an option anymore. I could flag a rep to give more info on the matter if you like. 

Alot of us customers BYOP and really it is not any of the service providers business what type of phone we use. Canada telecom providers are like the mafia but with more money! Cant get my wifi calling to work either and ready to switch back to Bell...as bad as they are at least they didnt care about your type of phone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah the decisions the varying Canadian telecoms make are frustrating in general. Unfortunately Canada was created out of monopolies and oligopolies.

In my case my main phone is compatible but not from Koodo, and it has vowifi still. So it ends up being a confusing mess in this case of where the cutoff is for vowifi to enable.

the worst of it all volte/vowifi is a protocol, like 2g/3g/4g/5g etc with some config. it no some voodoo magic.

a couple year ago wen new phone was introduce, some company soft ban them on there network, for I cote [not making money from the sale of those phone] the got one hell of a law suit. now if your phone have the bandwidth/protocol available on then the cant refuse them.

again your right monopoly/oligopolies, the to do under handed approach to make more profit.

monster energy is the latest in my mind.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Michel Beausoleil   We have looked into your account and the device you are using (Manufacturer: ulefone  Model: Power Armor 13) is unfortunately not VoLTE compatible. 

You can verify with your IMEI here: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

Hope this helped. 

so let me ask wy it was working before, and now again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Michel Beausoleil   I’ll be honest, the tool we use to verify compatibility, might just not recognize your device, as myself I never heard about that device. What I did though, is refreshed the backend at the same time, since it sometimes works, but we can’t guarantee that it will keep working.  

I’m glad that it's now working for you and that your issue is solved.  :)

@Michel Beausoleil   I’ll be honest, the tool we use to verify compatibility, might just not recognize your device, as myself I never heard about that device. What I did though, is refreshed the backend at the same time, since it sometimes works, but we can’t guarantee that it will keep working.  

I’m glad that it's now working for you and that your issue is solved.  :)

dont know what you did, but a the same frame time as your post, volte/vowifi stoped working.