Skip to main content

I'd like to know how to make sûre I am not roaming while using airalo eSIM card. In the process to turn on the eSIM card it tells me to turn on the roaming and make sure the roaming with my main physical SIM card is off, which I did, but I'd like to know if there is a way to check live with koodo that I'm not roaming.

Hi there,

Unfortunately there isn’t actually a live way to check if you have been roaming however you will receive an SMS notification that easy roam is being used. Honestly the best way to make sure that you aren’t roaming is by removing the Koodo sim and storing it somewhere safe, avoiding the possibility all together. Alternatively it’s like you said, you can just turn off the sim in your settings but I like the removal one more as it’s the safest. Some more tips on how to avoid roaming can be found here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/understanding-how-youll-be-charged-while-travelling

I hope this helps 🙂👍

Good idea. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Check you usage in self serve. 

If you see a 1 minute call for the cost of Easy Roam, that means you got charged for roaming