Koodo Community
Question

Upgraded Plan, Data still paused

• 3 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I used all the data on my plan (again) so decided to upgrade to a plan with more data.  Old plan had 2GB, upgraded yesterday morning to a plan with 6GB.  Received the email confirming the change, but when I log into my account it tells me the data is paused and gives me the option to pay to purchase more data.  My plan resets on the 5th. Since it prorated my charges for the month, shouldn’t I have access to the extra 4 GB from now until the 5th?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I used all the data on my plan (again) so decided to upgrade to a plan with more data.  Old plan had 2GB, upgraded yesterday morning to a plan with 6GB.  Received the email confirming the change, but when I log into my account it tells me the data is paused and gives me the option to pay to purchase more data.  My plan resets on the 5th. Since it prorated my charges for the month, shouldn’t I have access to the extra 4 GB from now until the 5th?

The new plan is prorated, so it is likely you will not have any data access until the 5th. Since you only have two days left until your new billing cycle, you do not have access to the entire 4GB, but rather 0.4GB of data. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration

ok, thanks for that.  I hadn’t seen that question.  But even if it is only 0.5GB (I had 3 days remaining when I made the switch), shouldn’t I have access to that?  That would allow  iMessage to work at least.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you used all of the data on your old plan?

yes.  Does that have an impact?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It should not have an impact. Do you see another meter show up on your Self-Serve account for your data usage after changing your plan?

It should not have an impact. Do you see another meter show up on your Self-Serve account for your data usage after changing your plan?

No, thats the issue.  When I log in I see a message “Data has been paused for XXXX.  Unpause data by choosing an option below:” and I can purchase more data.  It resets at midnight anyway so I guess I will just wait it out, I just thought I would have a little data for this week by switching.