Koodo Community
Solved

Upgrade to a plan with more data

• 12 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello

I recently ported my number to Koodo because the Service Provider I had didn’t have coverage in my new place. 

I was able to call Koodo Shop and they assisted me with the porting which came at a $50 cost nonetheless. But the max data I could get was 15GB. I accepted it because I was desperate at the time for network coverage and data.

At the moment, I needed a bit more data but I could not find any option in my Self Serve to upgrade my data plan to a much more bigger one.

Does anyone know how I can go around this and be able to upgrade to a bigger data plan?

Thank you all for your suggestions.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 12 February 2022, 03:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s the biggest data plan that Koodo currently has.

If you want bigger than that you’ll want to look towards Koodo’s parent company Telus where you can get plans with 20GB+

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Best to stay with Koodo is to ask for a data add-on but you can sound like you need large data amounts, so Telus is likely the better fit. It's also better because it has throttled unlimited data. It's slow(512 kbps last i saw) but it gives you some usage

I appreciate your feedbacks.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello

I recently ported my number to Koodo because the Service Provider I had didn’t have coverage in my new place. 

I was able to call Koodo Shop and they assisted me with the porting which came at a $50 cost nonetheless. But the max data I could get was 15GB. I accepted it because I was desperate at the time for network coverage and data.

At the moment, I needed a bit more data but I could not find any option in my Self Serve to upgrade my data plan to a much more bigger one.

Does anyone know how I can go around this and be able to upgrade to a bigger data plan?

Thank you all for your suggestions.

If you would like to stick with Koodo, I suggest you to keep a track of the plans available on your Self-Serve account. Occasionally they advertise plans that are over 15GB. There were 20GB and 30GB plans at one point. You should be able to take advantage of that and change your plan when the time comes. 

Thanks very much MilkyWay, I will be on the lookout