Koodo Community
Solved

Unlimited international messaging (text & picture)* - How does this work

I have  Unlimited international messaging (text & picture)* noted on my plan. I have 20GB of shock free data included on my plan.

Am I able to text someone in the US for free and also have their incoming texts be free?

I am confused on what the asterisk is at the end?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 23 August 2022, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, @Ndrober !   

You’re actually on an older plan that lets you text anywhere in the world for free as long as you’re in Canada! 

With that said, we recently launched Pick Your Perk Plans. Meaning that anyone picking a new plan will have the option of selecting a Perk that is most interesting to them. 

• Rollover Data: Keep any of your unused data from your plan and roll it over into the next month.
  • Speed Boost: Double your 4G speed limit with up to 200 Mbps download speed.
  • Unlimited Long Distance Pack: Get unlimited long distance calling to the U.S., China, Hong Kong, India, UK, Bangladesh, and Mexico from anywhere in Canada.
  • Unlimited International SMS: Send and receive unlimited international SMS and MMS from anywhere in Canada, free of charge.
  • Premium Voicemail: Store up to 25 messages, plus send voicemails to your phone via MMS with Instant Voicemail.

Thank you! So to confirm, as long as I am in Canada, I can text someone in the US both picture and text? Will I be able to text normally on iMessage on the iphone?

...and incoming texts from outside Canada are free as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, you can. it's unlimited incoming and outgoing SMS and MMS. Also, it's not just the U.S, you can text anywhere in the world. 

Hope this helped. 

Cheers,  :) 

Great! Thank you so much. I appreciate the prompt responses :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you! So to confirm, as long as I am in Canada, I can text someone in the US both picture and text? Will I be able to text normally on iMessage on the iphone?

Note that anything sent or received by iMessage uses data and does not fall under the sms and mms text messages

Thank you. So, for example,  if I was texting someone in the U.S. or anywhere else outside of Canada, I would have to turn on my data to text them via iMessage? I can’t do it on Wifi?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

IMessage can be used via data or wifi. 

IMessage can be used via data or wifi. 

To clarify, if I can send iMessages via wifi, how does that use data? Sorry,  I am new to Koodo, just trying to understand this feature properly! Thanks!

Yes, you can. it's unlimited incoming and outgoing SMS and MMS. Also, it's not just the U.S, you can text anywhere in the world. 

Hope this helped. 

Cheers,  :) 

Hello! One last question, does this include iMessage? Sorry, for all the questions, I just want to make sure that I’m not going to be charged if iMessages are different than SMS? 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ndrober  IMessage is like Whatsapp. it needs data to function.  Whether you are on wifi or using your data bucket. There is no additional charge for this. If you ever run out of data. Your plan will pause the data and you have the Shock-Free Data plan. 

Okay, great! Thanks for the clarification!