Koodo Community
Question

Unable to contact rate plan department

• 1 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I had a missed call and a voicemail from someone at Koodo rate plan department today. In the voicemail I was asked to call 1-866-995-6636 by the rep but when I call that number it says I have to go through the chat bot. I tried scheduling a call via chat but it says “We're busier than usual right now, and unable to get you to a rep at this time.” I am so disappointed about not being able to talk to a human. Can someone please help me connect with a rep?

P.S. I never requested a rate plan change but it looks like this is related to a mess up made by Walmart/Mobile Klinik reps when they created my account during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotions. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you just looking to get your plan changed to a different one due to an error by a rep?
What plan is showing now and what would you like it changed to?

Userlevel 1

I didn’t request any change. It is showing the correct plan and tab balance when I log in to my Self Serve account. 

What happened was first I bought only a plan (20GB for $30 for 24 months) at Mobile Klinik on Black Friday (Nov. 25th). They couldn’t port my number from Public mobile to Koodo that day as the system was busy.  So they assigned me a temporary number and asked me to do it myself via Self Serve on a later day. But I didn’t do it. 

On Cyber Monday (Nov. 28th), I went to Walmart and this time I decided to buy a new phone with a plan (50GB for $45 for 24 months). That rep was able to initiate the porting process so didn’t assign me a temporary number. However until next day I had “No service” on my Koodo SIM. So I decided to call porting department on 1-844-232-7678 and the rep was able to solve my porting issue. As per the rep, Walmart activation was a “ghost” activation and was hidden in the system. They had to manually find it and cancel the previous activation done by Mobile Klinik under the same account number. As I didn’t want to keep two rate plans, the rep cancelled the rate plan by Mobile Klinik and assigned the Walmart rate plan to my account. I was told the entire transaction at Mobile Klinik has been cancelled and will be refunded under the return policy. 

The rep at the porting department might have sent something (Eg. email) to Koodo rate plan department regarding the actions taken to fix my issue. Other than that I have no idea why they are trying to contact me. 

Userlevel 1

Now I want to change my rate plan and scheduled a call with a rep. After spending about half an hour on the phone, the first rep transferred me to another rep to “better assist” my request. But the second rep just hung up on me just as I started explaining stuff.  Now I have to start all over again! Is there anyone in this forum who can help changing my rate plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can login to self serve and change your rate plan on your own. No need to contact a rep and get charged to change the rate plan for you

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/changing-your-rate-plan

Userlevel 1

Hi Dennis, Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried that and it won’t show me the plan that I want. The one I want is listed under starter plans (2GB/4G speed for 37.50) on their website but it won’t show up when you log in to self serve. That’s why I had to contact them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Dennis, Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried that and it won’t show me the plan that I want. The one I want is listed under starter plans (2GB/4G speed for 37.50) on their website but it won’t show up when you log in to self serve. That’s why I had to contact them. 

You said you bought a phone on Tab.

Then you are not eligible for the starter plan. So, even if you manage to talk to a rep, they can't change your plan. Unless you pay off Tab balance and Tab bonus both.

Userlevel 1

Hi Mayumi, Thanks for the response. Yes, I bought a phone on tab but I returned it last weekend. So I am no longer on a contract and that’s why wanted to change the rate plan. Anyway I was able to get it done after three attempts today when they finally transferred to the loyalty department. But what a waste of time to get such a small thing done!