Koodo Community
Question

Two SIM's ... two numbers ... one data plan?

• 30 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I don’t really understand how two numbers works on one phone, as I’ve never had it but I would like to try it (business/personal) possibly. Currently my employer pays me a stipend to offset the cost of my data and use one number for business and personal, but I am considering getting a second number for business use only. I would rather not have to carry two phones though, and I understand I can do this with two SIM’s. I have an iPhone 12Pro 128gb that I just ordered from Koodo. Can I have both numbers on one voice/data plan or does it have to be one number per plan? Also how do I separate contacts for personal/business on my phone once both numbers are activated? 

Thanks in advance for the help, cheers.

-G-

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo doesn't carry any phonesbthat would allow you to use two physical SIM cards, but the iPhone 12 pro will allow you to use one physical SIM and an ESIM for the second line. Each number would need to have its own plan for voice and text, but only one of them needs to include data.

As far as separating your contacts, I know Android allows you to sort contacts into groups, I presume iPhone has similar options, but it's been several years since I last played with one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Iphone makes dual simming with esim super easy 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209044

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are not into iPhones, I have successfully enabled eSIM on various Samsung phones as well such as the S21 and Fold. I believe it's possible on the Pixel lineup as well.