Koodo Community
Question

Turn on VoLTE on Pixel 2?

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there. I recently got a message about my phone being available for VoLTE and to turn it on to continue receiving service, but I am unable to find the option to turn it on.

I have a Pixel 2 (Not XL) with Android 11, going into Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Network, I do not see a VoLTE option within as the guide here says for Google phones: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/volte

How do I turn on VoLTE on a Pixel 2?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that link you sent it lists the eligible phones.
For Pixels, it would only be the Google Pixel 3, 3 XL, and newer so you’re phone wouldn’t be compatible unfortunately.

For Pixels, it would only be the Google Pixel 3, 3 XL, and newer so you’re phone wouldn’t be compatible unfortunately.

It does say that, however Koodo themselves messaged me saying my device supports it. In addition, I’ve seen mentions that Google phones as far back as the original Pixel can use VoLTE, so I don’t think it’s accurate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It does say that, however Koodo themselves messaged me saying my device supports it. In addition, I’ve seen mentions that Google phones as far back as the original Pixel can use VoLTE, so I don’t think it’s accurate.

If that is the case then you need to make sure your pixel is as up to date as possible.