Koodo Community
Solved

traveling in Europe - roaming

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

HI, i’m a bit confused by Koodo’s easy roam. I’m traveling to eastern Europe. I will be in a few countries over 3 weeks. Is easy roam pay per use with a maximum of $16/ day? Does this cover texting, data, phone calls?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Goran 24 April 2023, 20:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Easy roam allows you to use your phone plan as normal, making calls to numbers of the country you are in, plus to Canada. You are charged 16 dollars a day, to a maximum of 320 dollars per billing cycle. Not month, but billing cycle. The day resets at 11:59pm. This covers text, data, phone calls.

Pay-per-use is being charged by the minute, MB, or outgoing SMS. It is far too expensive for practical use.

Which countries will you be in? The EU has a roaming agreement, allowing you to use a plan from one country in the other EU nations at no extra cost. If you’ll be mainly in EU nations, I would just do that. It would be much cheaper.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can find lots of info on this website regarding roaming and prepaid SIM card https://prepaid-data-sim-card.fandom.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data

Easy roam allows you to use your phone plan as normal, making calls to numbers of the country you are in, plus to Canada. You are charged 16 dollars a day, to a maximum of 320 dollars per billing cycle. Not month, but billing cycle. The day resets at 11:59pm. This covers text, data, phone calls.

Pay-per-use is being charged by the minute, MB, or outgoing SMS. It is far too expensive for practical use.

Which countries will you be in? The EU has a roaming agreement, allowing you to use a plan from one country in the other EU nations at no extra cost. If you’ll be mainly in EU nations, I would just do that. It would be much cheaper.  

A big circle of Eastern Europe: Austria, Slovenia, Hungary Slovakia,Croatia, Poland, Germany, Czech Republic. $16/ day will add up quickly over 22 days… your saying I could get a temporary EU plan that would cover these countries for a month? I would have a temporary phone number etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes you would have a local European number. But using data is going to be the key here. There are many data based messaging apps that can do messages and video calls