Koodo Community
Solved

Talk to a human about plan

• 24 July 2023
  • 7 replies

What is the best way to talk to a live person about my current plan? Is there a phone number? Do I need to find a local Koodo store?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 25 July 2023, 05:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What about your plan would you like to talk about?

A couple of things.
I want to be sure that if my teen turns off cellular data, there won’t be any unexpected charges.  I also want to check if the unlimited texting includes photos (pretty sure it doesn’t) and how fees work if a photo is sent. Also wondering about options for adding data to the existing plan (as opposed to choosing one of the options in the self serve menu which are all pricier than we’re prepared to offer our teen). 

Does that sound like a trip to a local store? Or is there a number to call to discuss? 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A couple of things.
I want to be sure that if my teen turns off cellular data, there won’t be any unexpected charges.  I also want to check if the unlimited texting includes photos (pretty sure it doesn’t) and how fees work if a photo is sent. Also wondering about options for adding data to the existing plan (as opposed to choosing one of the options in the self serve menu which are all pricier than we’re prepared to offer our teen). 

Does that sound like a trip to a local store? Or is there a number to call to discuss? 

Thanks! 

Can you provide a screenshot of the plan? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can help answer those here.

Could you share what plan you are currently inquiring about? (Take a screenshot of the plan details in your self serve account)

Sounds like it’s a low/no data plan? Either the $15 250MB or $35 Talk and Text plan?

Yes. It’s the $15 plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Perfect thank you!

If my teen turns off cellular data, there won’t be any unexpected charges.
That plan has Shock Free Data. Once the data is all used, it will be turned off and no extra data charges will come through unless more is bought. (A text may be sent to the number asking if they want to buy more data depending on how the permissions are setup on your account).

As well, extra charges could come from things like long distance calls/texts, roaming, or once the 100mins is used up, extra minutes would be charged at $0.70/min

If the unlimited texting includes photos and how fees work if a photo is sent.
That plan only includes texts, not MMS (photos). The fee for MMS would be 30¢ per outgoing message.

Options for adding data to the existing plan (as opposed to choosing one of the options in the self serve menu which are all pricier than we’re prepared to offer our teen). 
Koodo doesn’t have any data add-ons that are readily available. It would have to be something you’d have a chat with customer service about. You could probably ask to get the $35 3GB plan or there are some cheaper options on prepaid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would highly recommend Public Mobile’s $15 plan.

It includes picture messaging and after the 250mb, the line still has access to internet but at a slower throttled speed.

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/activation/plans/250MB-3Gspeed

You can also add more data  with Public for $5/200mb and $15/1GB.  But note this data expires after 30 days.