Koodo Community
Question

Switched to 5G Plan but getting only LTE+ (Google Pixel 5)

• 25 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I just switched to a 5G plan this morning and I am in a 5G covered area as per the coverage map. However I could not connect to 5G.

I already tried the following:

1. Preferred network type: 5G (recommended)
  2. Reset options → Reset Mobile Network Settings
  3. Download Netmonitor and specify “NR only” as the Preferred Network type

None of the above worked.

Could this be something to do with a setting for my sim/account?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I saw you did, but can you retry to reset network settings of the phone? when you use the app netmonitor did you see the app show any 5G network?

I just retried resetting my network settings but I still get LTE+. On netmonitor I only see lte cell towers but there should be 5G towers around.

My second line which I also switched to 5G and my daughter is using (with iPhone 13) also only shows LTE. She's in an area that definitely has 5G service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just retried resetting my network settings but I still get LTE+. On netmonitor I only see lte cell towers but there should be 5G towers around.

My second line which I also switched to 5G and my daughter is using (with iPhone 13) also only shows LTE. She's in an area that definitely has 5G service.

If possible, can you share a snapshot of your current plan here? Hide/delete all personal information before posting please.

If both phones are using 5G and your Netsearch didn’t find any 5G network in the area, your current location might be in a 5G black zone. 5G bands are just a part of Koodo network, if your phone didn’t connect to 5G, it will use other bands in the area.

If you want to confirm again, I recommend you bring both phone to a Koodo kiosk in a 5G cellular region and ask a rep to check.

Thanks Dinh.

Just to give an update, I requested for a callback from Tech support and they just had to reset something on their end. Then after restarting my phone I can now connect to 5G!