Koodo Community
Question

Summer Sale 2023 cannot change my plan

• 5 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello. My current plan is 35/month with 2 gig of data, there is currently a summer sale for 39/month with 20gig of data.  however, when i try to change my plan, it doesn’t show this option, instead, it shows me the 50/month option and above.    why can’t i pick the 39/month option? 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The $39 plan is for new customers only.  Other providers are also doing the same thing

Thanks. isn’t that unfair to loyal customers then?  should i cancel my subscription and apply as a new customer? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No one owes Koodo any loyalty.  I would save yourself the hassle and sign up with a provider that has this plan.  Then if koodo has another new customer offer in the future you can always switch back at that time.

Anyone know how long I would have to cancel for to be considered a new customer?  I have two phones with Koodo so switching is a hassle, although it might be worth it.  I I only have to cancel for a few days it might be worth it.  I am only looking for the summer sale deal on one of the phones

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Anyone know how long I would have to cancel for to be considered a new customer?  I have two phones with Koodo so switching is a hassle, although it might be worth it.  I I only have to cancel for a few days it might be worth it.  I am only looking for the summer sale deal on one of the phones

It depends, if you bought it online, it is 30 days. If you bought in-store, 15 days only.

What exactly would you like? if you recently became a customer, I recommend you contact Koodo directly and ask a rep about recent offer. As you are within the cancel/return period, they might be able to help you out.

It depends, if you bought it online, it is 30 days. If you bought in-store, 15 days only.

What exactly would you like? if you recently became a customer, I recommend you contact Koodo directly and ask a rep about recent offer. As you are within the cancel/return period, they might be able to help you out.

I would like the same rate they are offering to new customers.  I have been a customer for over 15years, I know I can cancel any time I want (I have no outstanding tab or commitment).  I find it depressing that I have been with them for this long, but they are charging new customers less for the same plan than they are charging me.

Sorry, this is a bit of a rant.  My question was how do I become a ‘new’ customer to get the summer sale rate.  If I cancel my phone for a couple of days and then re-sign up is there a minimum amount of time I need to be without a phone?  I understand i would lose my number, but I am now annoyed about my rate.  I could switch to another company, but since I have a separate phone with Koodo that does have a tab balance, that would mean dealing with two companies.  I may go that route, just considering my options. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would like the same rate they are offering to new customers.  I have been a customer for over 15years, I know I can cancel any time I want (I have no outstanding tab or commitment).  I find it depressing that I have been with them for this long, but they are charging new customers less for the same plan than they are charging me.

Sorry, this is a bit of a rant.  My question was how do I become a ‘new’ customer to get the summer sale rate.  If I cancel my phone for a couple of days and then re-sign up is there a minimum amount of time I need to be without a phone?  I understand i would lose my number, but I am now annoyed about my rate.  I could switch to another company, but since I have a separate phone with Koodo that does have a tab balance, that would mean dealing with two companies.  I may go that route, just considering my options. 

You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist and ask to speak with the loyalty department to see if they can change the plan for you, but there are no guarantees. Note there may be a $15 fee for the service. https://Koo.do/Chat