Koodo Community
Solved

seasonal hold

• 1 September 2021
  • 3 replies

How can I switch to $5 hold plan which I was using an year ago but couldn’t find it in plan options any more as I will be staying out of Canada for another 12 months that is why need to switch to a cheaper option than $15 hold plan which is available, please advise.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 1 September 2021, 06:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Good Evening Muhammad! 

I have some information for you in regards to your questions. Below my response ill post a page link for you to review with more in depth information in regards to your situation.  I know for sure if they're currently not offering the 5$ seasonal hold plan, to than its no longer available and is discontinued,  as their plan deals and specials and flash deals change regularly  and available for limited time only. 

Hope this information below helps you, here you are:

Good to know

Seasonal Hold can be activated once in a 12-month period. For example: If you change to Seasonal Hold on January 1, 2022, you can use it until June 30, 2022 and won't be able to switch back to Seasonal Hold until January 1, 2023.

If you’re out of the country and want to put your phone on Seasonal Hold, please schedule a call back using Koodo Assist.

*A discontinued plan is a plan that Koodo no longer offers; therefore, we cannot reinstate it. We are unable to guarantee which plans may or may not be discontinued, but, if your plan is discontinued when you come back from a Seasonal Hold, we will guide you through all of the available rate plans and get you set up with a new one. Unfortunately, we are unable to know whether a plan is due to expire at the time you call to set up your seasonal hold. Koodo reserves the right to withdraw/expire plans at any time.

Here is a link I got this info from, there is more info if you want to take a peak : https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keeping-your-account-open-when-travelling

I recommend going to https://www.koodo.com/chat and enter "Seasonal Hold" to schedule a call back  from a Koodo representative to help you further. 

Hope this was some help to you and stay blessed and all the best Mohammad !! :) Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll see if I can help. 

Take care -- Stephie D

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How can I switch to $5 hold plan which I was using an year ago but couldn’t find it in plan options any more as I will be staying out of Canada for another 12 months that is why need to switch to a cheaper option than $15 hold plan which is available, please advise.

There is no such cheaper option at this point. You can either get the Seasonal Hold plan for $15/month or just cancel your plan outright. If you really want to keep your phone number without spending too much, you can port out to another carrier on a prepaid plan, VoIP service, or even calling apps such as Fongo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Port your number out to an inexpensive VoIP service. Many can selectivelyforward your current calls to any other North American number and provide long distance calls on wifi for very little money.