Koodo Community
Solved

roll over incorrect

• 7 August 2023
  • 6 replies

on Friday evening I received a message I had 33348 mb (33.3) GB. Yet only 6.6GB was rolled over. Why was the 33.3 GB not rolled over?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 8 August 2023, 03:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did the message say you used 33.3GB? 

That would make sense if only 6.6GB were rolled over (33.3 + 6.6 = ~40GB)

How much data do you have in your plan?

Could you share some screenshots of the texts you got?

I have 40GB per month with unused portion to roll over. 26694MB was rolled over from July. This gave me a total of  66694MB for Aug.  the message was sent at 6:24pm on Friday Aug 4.  I was not on the internet until the next morning so would not have used 33.3 GB (less he 6.6GB that were rolled over. Only data that would have been would have been overnight notification which would have been minimal

The way I calculate it I used the 26.7 GB plus 7GB of the 40GB therefore 33+ GB should have been rolled over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, how rollover data works:

- Data can only be rolled over 1 month, it doesn’t keep going each month.

- Your plans data gets used first, then anything that was rolled over.

So in your case:

This month you had 40GB + 26GB rolled over from last month.

You used 33.3GB/40GB + 0/26GB this month.

Your 26GB from last month is forfeited.

You roll over 6.7GB into next month.

ok I see but it doesn’t make sense to me.  Usually what is rolled would be used first then start on the amount for the current month.  Nice way of promising the rollover and not having to deliver on all of it in my opinion. However, it is the company that is in charge and so I will live with it.  Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s listed here on their website in the faq portion:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodos-pick-your-perk-plans

I don’t disagree though, it’s a bit different than what other companies do and I’d prefer to use the rolled over part first as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

ok I see but it doesn’t make sense to me.  Usually what is rolled would be used first then start on the amount for the current month.  Nice way of promising the rollover and not having to deliver on all of it in my opinion. However, it is the company that is in charge and so I will live with it.  Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me

I have mention about this to Koodo before- Roll over data should be used first.

Maybe you can suggest this ad an idea? More voice to raise, then they will think about it. And I want more customers knows about how the roll over data works.  And Koodo should set it up more proper way(the way it should be) as one of “Perks”.