Koodo Community
Question

Roaming what?

• 17 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I have Koodo prepaid.  I added on US Roaming Text and Talk as I will be in the US for a while.  In less than two weeks, I  (according to my statement) have racked up 152 texts and used 112 minutes.   This is totally untrue.     I also have umpteen texts/contacts somehow to 7723   origin Prod 1 - whatever that is.    Also, friends who have US phones have indicated that when they try to call, they get a message: the number you have called has call restrictions.  I scheduled a callback with Koodo help today and the callback was blocked as SPAM.   So frustrated!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If a koodo callback is blocked as spam that is controlled on your end.  You need to remove koodo’s number from the blocked list or auto blocking of numbers marked as spam.

Thanks Dennis - I checked my blocked numbers and, like any sensible person, I have blocked all calls from unidentified callers in order to cut down on solicitations, etc.   I am not sure why a number from Koodo would not be identified as a call from them.   Anyway, I am still in the dark as to all the calls/texts that Koodo seems to feel I have made, when I certainly haven’t.       Incidentally, it has only been in Florida that US friends have not been able to reach us.   We received at least two calls while on the road in the US originating from within the States.   I think I’ll just buy a burner phone and ignore Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The texts to 7723 is definitely a phone thing, not a Koodo thing. Based on a quick Google search, it looks like the running theory is that it has something to do with the phone app checking if visual voicemail is available. Try going to settings->apps->phone->permissions and turning off the SMS permission. Then reboot your phone and see if the issue persists.