Koodo Community
Solved

Roaming Add-On for INDIA

• 11 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Can you please advise whats the best Add_on I can opt for if I have to travel to India for 2 weeks as per day 14$ is too much? Even if I use it, will it still consumes my Data from Canada or I need to buy additional min/Text/Data to use in INDIA.

Also, how is the coverage i.e. partners Koodo has in INDIA?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 12 February 2022, 01:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s the only option with Koodo.

Easyroam accesses what you have in your plan with Koodo and allows you to use it in other countries so it would consume your existing data.

The carriers that Koodo uses Internationally can be found here:

https://assets.ctfassets.net/8cecwr1x4jkf/3WZvPDVb9y8MerugikgeyV/785e4139cd14c90b87aaf4b837d8a126/English_Coverage_Maps_-_API_Feed_Data_short_version_-_Nov_16_2017.pdf

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you please advise whats the best Add_on I can opt for if I have to travel to India for 2 weeks as per day 14$ is too much? Even if I use it, will it still consumes my Data from Canada or I need to buy additional min/Text/Data to use in INDIA.

Also, how is the coverage i.e. partners Koodo has in INDIA?

Do you need to use your Canadian phone number when roaming in India? If that is not an issue, you can easily get a local SIM card and make your calls through Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp to avoid any roaming costs.