Koodo Community
Question

Returning to Canada from Europe for 2 weeks

• 21 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there, 
I am living in Europe for one year but am returning to Canada for a couple weeks. I need to reactivate my paused phone number for this time, or buy a short term solution in order to use my phone when I am back in the country. Can someone please advise the best way to go about this? 🙏 💛 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, 
I am living in Europe for one year but am returning to Canada for a couple weeks. I need to reactivate my paused phone number for this time, or buy a short term solution in order to use my phone when I am back in the country. Can someone please advise the best way to go about this? 🙏 💛 

You can go on a Seasonal Hold plan and reactivate your service once you return back to Canada. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/keeping-your-account-open-when-travelling

Thanks MilyWay. I am not permanently returning to Canada yet, only coming for a 2-week visit. If I sign up for a new plan then I cannot used the Seasonal Hold again. Is there a short-term solution? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could get a prepaid Sim card and load a cheap plan, depending on your data needs during this time. I can flag a rep, if you like, to see if they'll make an exception to the once in 12 months since your situation is a little unique.

Hey Goran, 
Thanks for the suggestions! If I could get an exception to the Seasonal Hold limitation, that might be nice. When I spoke to a rep when I was putting my plan on hold he mentioned it would be easy to get a quick situation set up while I visited but I am having trouble finding details. It would be awesome to use an exception :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you don't have any Tab on your account, then I go for the prepaid plan as Goran suggested.