Koodo Community
Question

received promo via text: how do I check the conditions before accepting it?

• 16 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all. I’m a pre-paid customer and I received a text offering 12GB per month for $30 on a post-pay plan. I was given a promo code too. But then I saw the dreaded “Conditions apply”. I can figure out how to activate the new plan, but I can’t see the conditions. It looks like I’d have to activate the plan BEFORE I can see the conditions. The plan is not listed as a standard plan.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot of the message without personal information.

So, you are prepaid customer and offer is to switch to postpaid account. Do they ask you to purchase a phone too?

What happens if you order a SIM/ BYOD  as a new postpaid customer with your promo code? 

Thanks for the reply. I am a pre-pay customer and this offer would change me to a postpaid. Nothing about buying a new phone (yet). I could go ahead and order a new SIM but first, I’d like to simply see the conditions associated with the new account. Is that offer for a permanent plan, or is it for 6 months, say? I tried going to a TELUS/Koodo store but the assistant didn’t know anything about the plan and the system failed him so he couldn’t look it up. It doesn’t seem much to ask, a simple “click here to see conditions “ button would suffice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I think it would make sense to see the conditions. I believe that you cannot change plans or get a phone on it, but otherwise is permanent. That’s what I see  others have  said about getting the offer, but nothing explicitly from Koodo. I imagine if you were to go ahead, you would see more specifics before processing the order?