Koodo Community
Question

Question about plan change

• 25 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Good afternoon,

I am trying to find out if changing my plan to options I see online will result in any extra charges. Everything I read says they MAY or COULD, but I want a solid answer.

I recently changed my plan a month ago and received a CPO phone along with my plan change with a Tab Bonus cost but no monthly tab charges.

The plan change options I see online are cheaper than what I am paying now for the exact same features. I just want to make sure before going through with a plan changed that I won’t be hit with a huge charge.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jayjayell 

The plan change preview window should warn you if additional charges would incur.

Which plan would you like to switch to? 

Thank you @Flo Koodo . I’d like to change to the $45/60GB plan, which is the same as what I currently have only $10 less a month.

it does say “Heads up! Promotional credits will fall off upon rate plan changes

Rate plan availability and change eligibility depend on a few factors.”

and when I click Learn More, it doesn’t tell me anything specific. I’m just not sure “promotional credits” includes the tab bonus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jayjayell This should refer to any credits that you receive with the current plan, if applicable. Tab Bonus charges would apply when switching to an ineligible plan indeed, however, you should also see a warning about it if that's the case.

@Flo Koodo I have a similar question, except I'm going from a legacy $40 plan to a new $40 plan with way more data. 

After selecting my free perk there is a summary page where it says the total plan monthly fee is $40 "Before taxes, fees, and existing add-ons"... This part does not inspire confidence because will my tab bonus be considered a "fee"? I have a substantial tab bonus balance with 13 months remaining. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @norules 

There should be a warning about the tab bonus charge if the plan is not eligible with a tab.