Koodo Community
Question

possible to block sending of texts outside of canada?

• 29 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3

Now that many plans don’t have international texting included, is there a way to block or limit the sending of texts that aren’t included in the plan? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is not unfortunately, only for international calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Allan M do we know what the PPU pricing is for texts that are to international numbers?  Also: what if someone from outside of Canada texts us, is that included (without picking the international SMS/MMS perk), or does that also incur a PPU charge per message?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Allan M do we know what the PPU pricing is for texts that are to international numbers?  Also: what if someone from outside of Canada texts us, is that included (without picking the international SMS/MMS perk), or does that also incur a PPU charge per message?

Canada to international text rate 15¢/outgoing text message and 30¢/outgoing picture and video message

If you’re outside of Canada then you would be charged with the applicable roaming charge. The intl texting perk is only for texts made while you’re in Canada, to an intl number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Canada to international text rate 15¢/outgoing text message and 30¢/outgoing picture and video message

If you’re outside of Canada then you would be charged with the applicable roaming charge. The intl texting perk is only for texts made while you’re in Canada, to an intl number.

Thanks @Allan M.  Yes understood that roaming is different (and I have Easy Roam enabled).  Just changed my plan and it no longer includes international SMS feature (I may yet pick that perk, still deciding) which is why I was asking.  So to confirm, if I’m in Canada, do I get charged to *receive* incoming texts that originated outside of Canada?  From your reply, it looks like only outgoing texts to international numbers (while I’m in Canada) would be charged, and at 15c per msg.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Correct, incoming anything, whether calls or texts are free to receive as long as you are in Canada.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks again, @Allan M.

It’s a little confusing based on how they describe the perk:

They should really describe it as “Send unlimited international SMS free of charge”, since receiving is always free of charge.