Skip to main content
Solved

Plan Has Not Changed On My Phone After 5 Days

• 17 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I changed plans 5 days ago using Self Serve and my Android phone is still showing the old data cap. How do I activate the new plan?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@EAM The line ending 63 indeed had a plan change on May 9th as confirmed by the email we also sent. You do have the new data bucket of 30gb on your account. You can confirm this by logging into your account and look under usage. 

I believe you are looking at your phone’s setting which only you control. This will need to be updated for the new data bucket. Tracking your data usage via your phone is not 100% accurate, we always recommend using your account to ensure you have the most up to date usage info.

That said, as you know we will also send you an SMS when your reach certain thresholds of data use to help manage things. The last notification comes at 90% of use. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed your data wasn't paused from Koodo side and it was a message on your phone ?

The data cap is set by users though- not Koodo. Which phone are you using? You could remove or change the cellular data limiter in your phone settings 

Thank you all. I’ll update the settings on my phone.