Koodo Community
Question

Plan Change

• 15 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Both my son and I are on my billing.  My son has accepted a temporary position overseas and I would like to suspend his account but want to ensure he has the same number when he returns.  How do I do this?  I am not able to select a reduced plan on the account, only upgrades.  

Please advise.

Lori Lee

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To place a seasonal hold on a line you need to get in touch with customer service.

Is the email that you use here the same as you use for your self serve account? If so, I can flag a rep to help make the necessary changes.

Yes it is!  Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Depending on how long your son is leaving for and/or how much is remaining on his tab, You might want to look into porting out the number to a VoIP service if you’re mainly interested in keeping the number. That way, you’re not paying a 15 dollar a month fee. Currently Fongo, for example, is charging 10 dollars if you port the number at account signup and it’s free to have. It costs money to send texts and make international calls, but it’s cheap for texting and free to receive.  And the bonus is that your son can still use the number to make and receive calls to Canada as long as he has an internet connect. There’s others that are free to cheap but it just depends on what you’re looking for. It’s not an endorsement; I just happen to use Fongo as it’s free to have a number I can use.