Koodo Community
Solved

Plan availability for international students

• 5 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I am an international students, not Canadian citizen, don’t have driving license, and haven’t got a SIN yet. 

Can I get a regular plan (not prepaid) and transfer my number at Koodo store? If yes, what document do I need to bring? Study permit? Passport? And what else?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 5 January 2022, 03:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All you have to do is to pass their credit check https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/credit-check-requirements

Do you have a Canadian credit card? If you don’t and as you didn’t have a driver license or a SIN card, you might not get a postpaid plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

At the corporate Koodo stores you can use a non-expired international passport and study permit.

I would call ahead though to your local store and make sure they're aware of the process before going in. It's not a common process but it's called the "Koodo International Student Program".

At the corporate Koodo stores you can use a non-expired international passport and study permit.

I would call ahead though to your local store and make sure they're aware of the process before going in. It's not a common process but it's called the "Koodo International Student Program".

I called local Koodo shop. They told me there isn’t an “international student program”. Probably service in small towns is not so comprehensive like in big cities. 

It’s okay. I have applied for SIN. It would only a few weeks to arrive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I called local Koodo shop. They told me there isn’t an “international student program”. Probably service in small towns is not so comprehensive like in big cities. 

Allan works at a koodo location so I would trust the program exists if he says it does. If you don't want to wait for your SIN, I would get your local koodo shop to ask their manager or call in to Koodo to get more info about the program. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's a rather hidden away program and like I said would need to be one of the "official" koodo locations so it could be possible it's not something can do or are aware of.

The program does place you on the spending limit program and you can't purchase a phone from Koodo either so it may indeed just be best to wait for your sin number and then go from there😊