Koodo Community
Solved

Phone Plans + Wrong Data Amount?

• 16 January 2022
  • 8 replies

I have a $35 phone plan, unlimited messages and calls, as well as 3 GB shock free data. The problem is that, I’m being charged $40 and only getting 2 GB data, as far as my phone shows when I click on the data tab. 

Anytime I try to switch to a cheaper plan, the only 2 options I get are $50-$55 plans, nothing cheaper or even less or similar to what I have now. 

Anyone have any idea what’s going on? The help-bot is utterly useless for specific things like this

icon

Best answer by Allan M 16 January 2022, 01:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What kind of phone are you using? Can you take a screenshot and show us where you see that it says 2? Sounds like you may have your phone settings set to stop it at 2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a data limit restriction set up on your phone that prevents data overages?

This might explain why you’re only able to use 2 GB.

Koodo does offer starter plans ($35/3 GB). The catch is that data speed is reduced to 3G speeds. If you’re not a heavy data user, this might be worth looking into.

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

Edit: I didn’t see Allan M’s response until after refreshing the page.

I am using Google Pixal 2XL. It says 2 GB in the data option, when you drop down the phone buttons from the top, the one that says “mobile data”

What kind of phone are you using? Can you take a screenshot and show us where you see that it says 2? Sounds like you may have your phone settings set to stop it at 2.

I am using Google Pixal 2XL. It says 2 GB in the data option, when you drop down the phone buttons from the top, the one that says “mobile data”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Alright so follow these steps to change the limit on your phone so that you can use the full 3GB that you have:

Tap settings, Network and Internet, Mobile Network, App Data Usage, tap the settings icon right next to the date range, then either turn off data limit or change it to the amount that you have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you enable auto data block on your android phone, it’ll default to 2GB. Once you change it as the others above said, you’ll be good to go.

with the cost living going so crazy - i really need to reduce monthly expenses. I have a $55 per month plan that includes 8 GB of data that I never use.  Is there a plan with less data to reduce my monthly payment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

with the cost living going so crazy - i really need to reduce monthly expenses. I have a $55 per month plan that includes 8 GB of data that I never use.  Is there a plan with less data to reduce my monthly payment?

Can your u start your own post if possible.

https://community.koodomobile.com/topic/new

Do you still have plan on your account?There is no cheaper plan than what you have now with a Tab plan.     

If there is no tab left and you don't have plan to upgrade your phone for awhile, then you should contact Koodo - schedule a call back- and switch to one of starter plan, or check their prepaid plan.