Koodo Community
Question

Phone calls while roaming in US

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, I will use easy roam in US while travelling next week. My plan has unlimited Canada wide phone calls. my question:  if I make calls in US -- to Canada, or US local , will I be charged for that? Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, I will use easy roam in US while travelling next week. My plan has unlimited Canada wide phone calls. my question:  if I make calls in US -- to Canada, or US local , will I be charged for that? Thanks. 

Yes, you will be charged for any phone calls made to Canada and your destination country on that day. For more information on the Easy Roam feature, you can refer to this page. 

Thanks for the quick answer, and the tutorial. But I am confused, in the tutorial, it says: 

If you have Easy Roam:

• Easy Roam fee will activate from voice usage and will be effective until 11:59 in the time zone you are traveling.

• Minutes will be used from your monthly plan

My mobile plan has unlimited canada-wide calls, why will I be charged to the calls to Canada? 

While I am in US, using Easy Roam, how I will be charged for the calls made from US to US, i.e. how much per minute? I thought it should be free, no? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the quick answer, and the tutorial. But I am confused, in the tutorial, it says: 

If you have Easy Roam:

• Easy Roam fee will activate from voice usage and will be effective until 11:59 in the time zone you are traveling.

• Minutes will be used from your monthly plan

My mobile plan has unlimited canada-wide calls, why will I be charged to the calls to Canada? 

While I am in US, using Easy Roam, how I will be charged for the calls made from US to US, i.e. how much per minute? I thought it should be free, no? 

Since you have unlimited minutes on your plan, you will not be further charged on a per-minute rate for calls to Canada or the U.S. while travelling. You will only have to pay the Easy Roam fee of $12 per day once it is triggered. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/easyroam