Koodo Community
Question

no roaming in US

• 15 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I have easy roam on my Samsung Galaxy S20 fe 5G, but cannot make phone calls. Have tried everything suggested but no luck. Took the phone into an AT and T store and the tech said everything looked fine, but still no service. Curiously he said Koodo appears to think my phone - self purchased - is 3G. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Check out this post

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure VoLTE is in your add-ons 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have easy roam on my Samsung Galaxy S20 fe 5G, but cannot make phone calls. Have tried everything suggested but no luck. Took the phone into an AT and T store and the tech said everything looked fine, but still no service. Curiously he said Koodo appears to think my phone - self purchased - is 3G. Any suggestions?

Do you have the Pay-Per-Use International Long Distance add-on included on your account? 

If so, have you tried manually selecting your network to see if it works? What about resetting your network settings? 

VoLTE is on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

VoLTE is on.

On in your self serve add-on area AND on your phone?

Where did you get your phone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Implementation of VoLTE + wifi calling seems to be different amongst suppliers (US and Canada). Mainly an issue with Android phones. Carrier-supplied phones often have certain features blocked and others added. Just because a phone is “unlocked” does not mean it will work everywhere.

US typical “whitelist”:

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf?source=ESSZ0SSPR00T1EsEM&wtExtndSource=20201020164156_AT%26T+Community+Forums__COMMUNITY_3954573197

Even then no guarantees. Had to buy a US phone matched to the local network to get proper service locally, but never got roaming (prepaid) to function.