Koodo Community
Question

Lost sim and personal handset - help

i've lost my koodo sim and my personal handset, can i somehow order a koodo handset and add it to my sim contract? And get both the handset and a new sim card sent out to me?

I’m located in Whistler with no vehicle so i’m not sure it’s going to be easy for me to go into a koodo store to get a new sim card :( But since i need a new handset anyway… can I possibly get it sent to me with the phone somehow?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i've lost my koodo sim and my personal handset, can i somehow order a koodo handset and add it to my sim contract? And get both the handset and a new sim card sent out to me?

I’m located in Whistler with no vehicle so i’m not sure it’s going to be easy for me to go into a koodo store to get a new sim card :( But since i need a new handset anyway… can I possibly get it sent to me with the phone somehow?

Did you report your lost phone? You want to go to Koodo Assist and suspend your service to avoid any unnecessary charges on your next bill. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone

Are you currently on a Tab? If you choose to upgrade before the 24-month period, you will need to pay off the remaining Tab and Tab Bonus balance. 

how do i know if i’m on a tab or not? i took out a sim only contract with koodo - all this terminology is new to me as i’m new to the country and area :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

how do i know if i’m on a tab or not? i took out a sim only contract with koodo - all this terminology is new to me as i’m new to the country and area :( 

Thank you for confirming. That means you are on a bring your own phone plan.

If you want to get a new phone, you need to upgrade your plan on your Self-Serve account. This can also be done at your nearest Koodo store. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/upgrading-your-phone

The main issue/question i have though is… how will i get a new sim - can i say on this self serve order that i’ve lost my sim card? and would they be able to send one to me with the phone?? the issue is everything is online so it’s not really giving me options for this unique situation. Also, i am no where near a koodo shop :( I’m in whistler.. and i dont have a vehicle 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The main issue/question i have though is… how will i get a new sim - can i say on this self serve order that i’ve lost my sim card? and would they be able to send one to me with the phone?? the issue is everything is online so it’s not really giving me options for this unique situation. Also, i am no where near a koodo shop :( I’m in whistler.. and i dont have a vehicle 

There seems to be a Telus store in Whistler where you can get a replacement Koodo SIM card. The address is 7015 Nesters Rd, Whistler, BC V0N 1B7.

Ah yes i’ve just seen this, amazing, thank you! 

I will do that. 

thank you for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you upgrade your phone, it comes with a free sim card

Does it matter if i only had a sim contract with them before ? I can just buy a new phone on my koodo profile and they’ll send me a new sim with it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does it matter if i only had a sim contract with them before ? I can just buy a new phone on my koodo profile and they’ll send me a new sim with it?

It doesn't matter. They always send you a new SIM with your new phone.

You just need  to do SIM swap since you lost your phone/SIM. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are buying the phone outright then it shouldnt matter.

If you are buying the phone on a tab (a subsidy that you will be paying back over 24 months), then you need a plan that meets the minimum price criteria.  

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Keeping-or-changing-your-plan-when-you-upgrade-your-phone