Koodo Community
Solved

Is there a way to block a blocked caller from leaving voicemail?

• 27 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to block a blocked number from leaving voicemail on Android?

I'm being harassed by someone and this just allows them to fill my inbox with unheard voicemail.

Is there perhaps anything my provider can do on the other end?

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 27 September 2021, 13:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, but there are a few third party apps that will answer and immediately disconnect calls from blocked numbers, which prevents them from leaving voicemail. This does count as a completed call though, and will use one minute of airtime every time it happens, in case you are on a plan with limited minutes.

Edit: this may be out of date. Apparently Google blocked this functionality with an Android update back in 2017 or so. No idea if it's changed since.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If harassment is a major problem, you could port your current number to a VoIP service such as CallCentric and get a new temporary cell number.

Incoming calls to your current number can be selectively forwarded to your “new” cell number,  receive a recorded message, or just plain bounced according to call treatments that you can customize.

It’s a bit drastic, because it will close your Koodo account and you will hve to set one up again with a new number.

Perhaps just look into temporarily leaving an extended absence message on your Koodo voicemail. Your “fan club” should get fed up relatively quickly. You can always keep track of other callers in your missed calls log.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/voicemail